Gold credit cards are special privilege cards that are traditionally offered by credit card companies either to high earners or to their loyal customers who have a good credit history. Traditionally they are considered to be status symbols because they are associated with high annual income, which offer added services and benefits.
Gold credit cards are beneficial if you are a high spender seeking associated benefits such as free air miles, cashback, reward points, etc. These credit cards give you the added advantage of a high or no credit limit. Though generally, the credit limit is quite high still it depends on your annual income and your credit rating. Companies will certainly not offer a gold card to people with a bad credit history or to those who have low income.
The credit card companies will generally offer a better service and many more benefits to these privileged customers. Additionally, they have lower interest rates as compared to that of standard credit cards. Generally, there are low or no annual fees on Gold credit cards. View your statements, pay your card balance, and transfer balances. There is an online fraud guarantee, so you’re not responsible for any unauthorized purchases.
Gold credit cards main features:
- Payment protection plan protects in case of involuntary unemployment, accidental injury or sickness.
- Card Protection Plan protects your account in case of loss or theft of your card.
- You can share it with family and friends. Thus avail a greater flexibility and convenience.
- It provides complete travel insurance up to $250,000
- A number of travel benefits.
- A word of caution is necessary here. You will have to spend a lot to make it work for you. As with all credit, you will reap the benefits when you are able to afford the repayments, however, the moment you fail you may land yourself in financial trouble. Missing your monthly payments would mean penalty fee and costs plus a dwindling credit rating, creating problems in the future.