Dating for men is hard enough in and of itself. When it comes to Christian dating, an extra degree of difficulty is thrown into the mix. Here is some Christian dating advice for men and the women you care about.
When it comes to dating, Christian singles can often be confused or worry whether they’re doing the right thing to honor God.
But let’s start with the simplest Christian dating advice for men that really fits anyone who is dating or even just going out with family and friends. And then we’ll move on to the others.
1. Dress well. This doesn’t mean that you need to be decked out in a suit and tie but wear clothing that flatters and fits you.
2. Make sure your hair is combed, your teeth are brushed, and you are clean.
3. Say a prayer before you leave to pick up your date. Ask God to help you honor Him and your date. This will get you into the right frame of mind for your date, and it never hurts to pray.
4. Keep the conversation going. The best way to get to know a person is to discuss everything and anything with them. By talking, you’ll be able to start figuring out if this is a relationship you want to go on with.
5. Always treat your date with respect. Follow Jesus’s example.
6. start out as friends – no matter what. Remember that the person you are dating could be destined to someone else until you are married. In today’s world, there is a lot of pressure to move much too quickly. The longer you maintain your friendship, the better off you will be when, and if you decide to get married.
7. If you start to pray together, and you become too intimate, you can opt to pray along with other people instead. In this instance, it’s a good idea to pray together when you are with other Christians. The point of this is to keep the focus on God and not allow thoughts and feelings to wander to off-limit areas.
8. Don’t kiss unless you are engaged to be married. This is probably the most difficult of all, but it’s important. And if you can refrain from kissing even after you’re engaged, until you get married, you will be much better off. If you aren’t kissing, you deny the temptation. Concentrate on how magical that first kiss will be if you save it up for your wedding day!
9. Group date. This will distract you from tempting physical issues. Group dates can also be a lot of fun and beneficial for your Christian friends as well.
Hopefully, the above Christian dating advice for men will help you in your dates!